21™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dropping out of Bradford University

3 posters

Go down

Dropping out of Bradford University Empty Dropping out of Bradford University

Post by Wesley Walker Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:30 am

Last year, I was a senior and I committed to Bradford. I was near the top of my class and many teachers praised me and said I would do amazing things in the future. At this university, I was chosen to do a selective program the summer before my freshman year. I quickly realized that I really did not like the school; I was miserable there and incredibly homesick. I made lots of friends and learned a lot through this program, but I found myself dreading the upcoming school year. Right before I was supposed to move-in, I talked with my parents and told them I wanted to go somewhere else for school. They were understanding and helped me get enrolled at my local community college. Right now, my grades are stellar and I take primarily honors courses. However, I can't help but feel like a failure. All my friends, family, and teachers were expecting me to go to this prestigious school and accomplish so many things yet I find myself wallowing around at home. I haven't made any friends at school or joined any clubs. Along with this, all my closest friends from high school currently attend top 20 schools and I just feel so incompetent in comparison. I am no longer interested in going to some elite school after my experience with this program, so I am planning on just transferring to my state school. Could anyone give me any advice? Or has anyone else gone through a situation similar to this? I am not sure how to stop feeling so ashamed about my decision.
Wesley Walker
Wesley Walker
Bradford University
Bradford University

Posts Posts : 4
Karma Karma : 0
Cash Cash : 2522

Back to top Go down

Dropping out of Bradford University Empty Re: Dropping out of Bradford University

Post by William Gord Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:08 am

To be honest everyone’s dream college isn’t necessarily their first dream.
William Gord
William Gord
Bradford PhD
Bradford PhD

Posts Posts : 6
Karma Karma : 8
Cash Cash : 178358

Back to top Go down

Dropping out of Bradford University Empty Re: Dropping out of Bradford University

Post by Jude Winston Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:37 am

You did exactly what I wished I had. I was in a very similar situation to you but I didn’t end up going to community college, I ended up going to the more “prestigious” school and now I’m absolutely miserable. Next year, I’m planning on transferring to my state school. And i’m worried about what people will think, that i’m giving up a better education for a lesser one, that I was too dumb for the more elite school etc. But at the end of the day, your happiness is more important than any amount of prestige. If you’re miserable at a “better” school, you’d eventually reach a breaking point, where worse things can happen (self harm, self destructive behavior, sabotaging your future.) If you’re smart and work hard, you’ll be a success no matter where your degree is from. I know it’s a cliche but it’s actually true. Not to mention there’s some killer state schools out there, and you’re probably saving a shitton of money.
Jude Winston
Jude Winston
Bradford School of Law
Bradford School of Law

Posts Posts : 7
Karma Karma : 5
Cash Cash : 2690
Joined Joined : 2012

https://twenty1.forumotion.com/u138rpgsheet?mode=generate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum