21™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Racism in America does not exist and the only racism that still resides is perpetuated by African-American BLM liberals.

+5
Izuru Sealand
Latin Peer
William Gord
Wayland Hubbard
Jessica Watkins
9 posters

Go down

Racism in America does not exist and the only racism that still resides is perpetuated by African-American BLM liberals. Empty Racism in America does not exist and the only racism that still resides is perpetuated by African-American BLM liberals.

Post by Wayland Hubbard Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:41 pm

Surely, there are SOME racist white people in the United States. However, mainstream racism no longer exists. Black people and white people have equal rights. White cops don’t shoot criminals just because they’re black. And white people should NOT be held accountable for what their ancestors did.

The only reason there is still racial tension in America is because of the Black Lives Matter “activists” ignorant and confused perception of modern-day American society.
Wayland Hubbard
Wayland Hubbard
Karma Probation
Karma Probation

Posts Posts : 24
Karma Karma : -11
Cash Cash : 8204

Back to top Go down

Racism in America does not exist and the only racism that still resides is perpetuated by African-American BLM liberals. Empty Re: Racism in America does not exist and the only racism that still resides is perpetuated by African-American BLM liberals.

Post by Jessica Watkins Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:43 pm

Kind of hard to make the claim that racism doesn't exist when the Supreme Court found just last year that North Carolina had drawn the congressional districts specifically to disenfranchise black voters. Yeah, it's not as overt and widespread as it was 60 years ago, but it is by no means gone.
Jessica Watkins
Jessica Watkins
Bradford University
Bradford University

Posts Posts : 3
Karma Karma : 9
Cash Cash : 874

Back to top Go down

Racism in America does not exist and the only racism that still resides is perpetuated by African-American BLM liberals. Empty Re: Racism in America does not exist and the only racism that still resides is perpetuated by African-American BLM liberals.

Post by Wayland Hubbard Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:56 am

Jessica Watkins wrote:Kind of hard to make the claim that racism doesn't exist when the Supreme Court found just last year that North Carolina had drawn the congressional districts specifically to disenfranchise black voters. Yeah, it's not as overt and widespread as it was 60 years ago, but it is by no means gone.
I’m familiar with that case and the South Carolina legislature was redrawing the districts solely off of Republican-Democratic populaces, which is completely legal. If black people tend to be more Democratic, that doesn’t make the legislature racist.

Racism is not gone entirely, as I stated, but racists are a minority.
Wayland Hubbard
Wayland Hubbard
Karma Probation
Karma Probation

Back to top Go down

Post by William Gord Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:58 am

Wayland Hubbard wrote: the South Carolina legislature was redrawing the districts solely off of Republican-Democratic populaces, which is completely legal.
No it's not, it's called gerrymandering.
William Gord
William Gord
Bradford PhD
Bradford PhD

Posts Posts : 6
Karma Karma : 8
Cash Cash : 178358

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayland Hubbard Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:02 am

William Gord wrote:
Wayland Hubbard wrote: the South Carolina legislature was redrawing the districts solely off of Republican-Democratic populaces, which is completely legal.
Gerrymandering is not completely illegal if it’s not too extreme. It’s called politics lmao.
Wayland Hubbard
Wayland Hubbard
Karma Probation
Karma Probation

Back to top Go down

Post by William Gord Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:03 am

Wayland Hubbard wrote:
William Gord wrote:
Gerrymandering is not completely illegal if it’s not too extreme. It’s called politics lmao.
Oh dear god. Yes it is, and incredibly wrong. You're literally denying people their right to vote.
William Gord
William Gord
Bradford PhD
Bradford PhD

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayland Hubbard Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:04 am

William Gord wrote:
Wayland Hubbard wrote:
William Gord wrote:
Oh dear god. Yes it is, and incredibly wrong. You're literally denying people their right to vote.
Wait, do you not know what gerrymandering is?
Wayland Hubbard
Wayland Hubbard
Karma Probation
Karma Probation

Back to top Go down

Post by William Gord Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:07 am

Wayland Hubbard wrote:
William Gord wrote:
Wayland Hubbard wrote:
William Gord wrote:
Wait, do you not know what gerrymandering is?
It's obviously you who doesn't know.

ger·ry·man·der
/ˈjerēˌmandər/

verb
gerund or present participle: gerrymandering
manipulate the boundaries of (an electoral constituency) so as to favor one party or class.

As of 2018, gerrymandering is legal unless it is based on race and does not have sufficient justification. In layman’s terms—partisan gerrymandering is legal; racist gerrymandering is illegal. Shaw v. Reno was the case that outlaws racial gerrymandering.
William Gord
William Gord
Bradford PhD
Bradford PhD

Back to top Go down

Post by Latin Peer Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:11 am

You're just completely wrong. There's not really an argument there, just a claim, and the claim is incorrect.

One thing to note is that BLM, just like trans people that conservatives are always flipping out about, hardly even has a big IRL presence. Most of what you hear about them is just online from time to time. It's not like the average person is inconvenienced by a BLM protest every time they try to drive to work. So they can't be the reason for racial tension in the mainstream that certainly does exist.

Latin Peer
Latin Peer
Bradford University
Bradford University

Karma Karma : 2
Cash Cash : 3467
Joined Joined : 2011

https://twenty1.forumotion.com/u8rpgsheet?mode=generate

Back to top Go down

Post by Izuru Sealand Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:13 am

This isn't true, because the issue of racial/ethnic tensions isn't just about having black skin or white skin. Racial equality activists on both sides of the debate almost never acknowledge the effects of American colonialism on non-black people of color To give examples:

Back in January of this year, a Hawaiian judge ignited a controversy over state languages when he issued a man an arrest warrant for failure to appear in court because the man spoke in Hawaiian instead of English.

Underdeveloped living conditions exist in many Native American reservations and communities. I have a lot of personal examples with this, since I grew up in Farmington, NM, near the Navajo Nation:

Because a large portion of the student body is Navajo, every single school in the Farmington Municipal Schools district is a Title 1 School, meaning that more than 50 percent of the student population lives in a household at or below the poverty line. At Farmington High School where I graduated in 2015 and where my mother now teaches AP English, that number is around 73 percent.

Nearly 40 percent of people living on the Navajo Nation don't have access to clean running water at home. (Source: I work at TEDxABQ and for the Main Event 2017, George McGraw, a water rights activist in the US and director of the Navajo Water Project, was selected to be a speaker.)

My mother has had difficulty obtaining translation services for her students who speak Spanish and Navajo at home instead of English.

The Gold King Mine Spill contaminated the Animas (which runs through Farmington and many other Navajo and Apache communities), and when Navajo farmers began losing crops to the disaster, the EPA and the Navajo Nation clashed on whose responsibility it was to help the farmers. Meanwhile, the media ignored the plight of the Navajo farmers but focused on the white farmers who were affected.

One of the most infamous and controversial cases of Indian rolling (a euphemism for white people torturing and murdering Navajo and Apache people) occurred in the Farmington area in the 70s. The three white men who were responsible for the murder were given a light sentence (to go to a reform school), and riots ensued when people protesting the sentence had their protest licenses arbitrarily revoked, requiring federal investigation. My maternal grandmother was one of the counselors involved and had her status as a Foutz (one of the founding families of Farmington) questioned because she fought for the protesters and the victim's families. The controversy was the basis for the true crime novel The Broken Circle and the title is still invoked when talking about race relations in the Four Corners.

My parents tried to talk me out of studying Arabic at university because I'm a gay man.

One of my Arabic professors, a Yemeni man, is unable to visit his family because of the travel ban.

He's also had to quit jobs in the past because of harassment for being Muslim.

I volunteer for Tricklock Company, which hosts an international theatre festival called Revolutions every March in Albuquerque; they host performance groups from all over the world, including acts from France, Poland, Colombia, Argentina, India, Palestine, Israel, Uganda, etc.; Pussy Riot sold out last year. This year, two of the incoming artists had their visas denied shortly after earning them, and a third artist was actually deported upon his arrival in O'Hare. Next year Tricklock Company will be hiring a visa lawyer out of New York, the first time in the company's history that they've needed outside help with visas.

Also because of the travel ban, I met artists at the Fringe Festival in Edinburgh who, when I recommended that they consider applying to perform in Revolutions, said that they can't come to the US. (One had dual Irani-English citizenship.)

Many of my friends were never taught by their families to speak their heritage languages. To this day, my boyfriend can't speak Spanish or Navajo, and my friend Dante only knows a few words in Keres that he learned when he was in elementary.

Many of my Spanish-speaking friends and family (I have two cousins who are native speakers of Spanish and their mother is a native speaker of Catalan) have been harassed for speaking Spanish and English in the same conversation.

You remember the police brutality that occurred at Standing Rock, right?

Or the separation of families seeking asylum?

Or the murders of Muslims and Hindus in cities such as New York?

Or Congress and the Trump Administration's responses to the plight of Puerto Ricans and Boricuas in the wake of Hurricane María?

Or the Trump Administration's actions with regards to the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict?

Or how the Trump Administration tried to enact a travel ban draft under which non-Muslim asylum applicants would be prioritized over Muslim applicants?

I could go on with plenty more examples, but I think my point has already been made.
Izuru Sealand
Izuru Sealand
Bradford School of Law
Bradford School of Law

Posts Posts : 4
Karma Karma : 6
Cash Cash : 2226
Joined Joined : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Christopher Woods Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:19 am

Ahahhahaha. This is a trolling joke right? So I've lived in America, a number of states, and traveled extensively both in America and abroad. If you want to talk about western nations, America is by far the most 'on the street' racist country I've encountered. Canada, New Zealand, England and the UK generally, France, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Germany, Latvia, Czech, Australia, Slovakia. Those are western/ historically white countries that I've spent enough time in to get a grasp of. Not of business-type prejudice, I'm just saying general walking around and living feel for the place. If you think racism against non white people doesn't exist in America, I'd suggest you get out of your bubble and travel. America is extremely racist, imo, on a day to day basis. I did find Switzerland to be very racist as well, re the poorer African people they've allowed in (they're way tight on immigration and I honestly always wondered how that occurred). But still nothing compared to the continual, omnipresent, and ongoing racism that I've seen in America.
Christopher Woods
Christopher Woods
Blair J.D. & Masters in Jurisprudence

Posts Posts : 7
Karma Karma : 0
Cash Cash : 1665

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayland Hubbard Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:20 am

Christopher Woods wrote:Ahahhahaha. This is a trolling joke right? So I've lived in America, a number of states, and traveled extensively both in America and abroad. If you want to talk about western nations, America is by far the most 'on the street' racist country I've encountered. Canada, New Zealand, England and the UK generally, France, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Germany, Latvia, Czech, Australia, Slovakia. Those are western/ historically white countries that I've spent enough time in to get a grasp of. Not of business-type prejudice, I'm just saying general walking around and living feel for the place. If you think racism against non white people doesn't exist in America, I'd suggest you get out of your bubble and travel. America is extremely racist, imo, on a day to day basis. I did find Switzerland to be very racist as well, re the poorer African people they've allowed in (they're way tight on immigration and I honestly always wondered how that occurred). But still nothing compared to the continual, omnipresent, and ongoing racism that I've seen in America.
Your argument is invalid, you did not give one example of actual racism in America. You just made empty claims.

Wayland Hubbard
Wayland Hubbard
Karma Probation
Karma Probation

Back to top Go down

Post by Christopher Woods Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:22 am

Wayland Hubbard wrote:
Christopher Woods wrote:Ahahhahaha. This is a trolling joke right? So I've lived in America, a number of states, and traveled extensively both in America and abroad. If you want to talk about western nations, America is by far the most 'on the street' racist country I've encountered. Canada, New Zealand, England and the UK generally, France, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Germany, Latvia, Czech, Australia, Slovakia. Those are western/ historically white countries that I've spent enough time in to get a grasp of. Not of business-type prejudice, I'm just saying general walking around and living feel for the place. If you think racism against non white people doesn't exist in America, I'd suggest you get out of your bubble and travel. America is extremely racist, imo, on a day to day basis. I did find Switzerland to be very racist as well, re the poorer African people they've allowed in (they're way tight on immigration and I honestly always wondered how that occurred). But still nothing compared to the continual, omnipresent, and ongoing racism that I've seen in America.
Your argument is invalid, you did not give one example of actual racism in America. You just made empty claims.
I didn't give examples of my experience of American racism, however I never said I did. Your reply to me is itself invalid, responding as if you asked a question at all (which you didn't). If you want examples of racism in America, next time include that in your post. Your post was like mine - stating your opinion without any evidentiary foundation whatsoever. You provided no examples of why specific instances commonly believed to reflect racism are categorically not racist at all, but simply the result of BLM agitation. Even when BLM didn't exist as a movement, which should be interesting to hear (if you care to elaborate).

My intent was in truth to share my mirth at what a completely dumbass post you wrote. Even in a sea of 'unpopular opinions,' yours stood out as being particularly obtuse, and likely trolling imo. So, you can take that as a win!
Christopher Woods
Christopher Woods

Posts Posts : 7
Karma Karma : 0
Cash Cash : 1665

Back to top Go down

Post by Riley Moon Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:27 am

Delete this topic ASAP before your karma reaches -10.
Riley Moon
Riley Moon
Freedom Society of Fellows
Freedom Society of Fellows

Posts Posts : 5
Karma Karma : 42
Cash Cash : 3417

https://twenty1.forumotion.com/u42rpgsheet?mode=generate

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Gray Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:40 am

Riley Moon wrote:Delete this topic ASAP before your karma reaches -10.
Enough said. There is no reason to even try to engage in debate with this a claim this arrogant.
Tim Gray
Tim Gray
Sinclair Masters of Ethical Theory
Sinclair Masters of Ethical Theory

Posts Posts : 5
Karma Karma : 15
Cash Cash : 101321

Back to top Go down

Post by Densus Mont Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:14 am

What.
Racists were never the majority. They were just a very vocal minority and people that weren’t affected by it did nothing and just went with it.
Densus Mont
Densus Mont
The Manishini
The Manishini

Karma Karma : 6
Cash Cash : 1071

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down