21™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's your "accidentally racist" moment?

+7
Simuel Oliver
Oswald Medley
Paul Ried
Wayland Hubbard
Sara Ward
Rocco Kane
Benedict VanWinkle
11 posters

Go down

What's your "accidentally racist" moment? Empty What's your "accidentally racist" moment?

Post by Benedict VanWinkle Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:07 am

Well, this is mine.
I was waiting to cross the road with my girlfriend one day when I got a really strong waft of Chinese food. Unsurprisingly it had come from a nearby restaurant.

My automatic response was to exclaim “Oooh! I smell Chinese!”.

And as I turned back towards my girlfriend I realised that we were standing next to two little old Chinese ladies who were looking at me in horror and disgust.

The shame.
What about you?
Benedict VanWinkle
Benedict VanWinkle
Hines PhD
Hines PhD

Posts Posts : 1
Karma Karma : 0
Cash Cash : 1757

https://twenty1.forumotion.com/u113rpgsheet?mode=generate

Back to top Go down

What's your "accidentally racist" moment? Empty Re: What's your "accidentally racist" moment?

Post by Rocco Kane Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:11 am

A group of us were walking through a City we were visiting and my quite naive friend says "I've been smelling Chinese for the past mile", not realizing there had been a Chinese couple walking behind us for the past 15 minutes.
Rocco Kane
Rocco Kane
Bagwell School of Intelligence
Bagwell School of Intelligence

Posts Posts : 3
Karma Karma : 2
Cash Cash : 2567

Back to top Go down

What's your "accidentally racist" moment? Empty Re: What's your "accidentally racist" moment?

Post by Sara Ward Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:16 am

I am white. I’ve always called my white brother my sweet little monkey because he used to make the cutest little monkey sounding noises as a baby. I was at a playground when he was preschool aged and the cutest little black girl of ALL TIME ran up to us and started playing. She just looked so damn cute I was like “You are such a sweet little monkey!”
Sara Ward
Sara Ward
Bradford M.D.
Bradford M.D.

Posts Posts : 4
Cash Cash : 1320

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayland Hubbard Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:24 am

When I moved away from my liberal California hometown I realized there were a lot of slurs I didn't know, having never been exposed to them. I though "porch monkey" was a not-very-strong slur for a hick or redneck, white people spending time on their porches in the day time. I am really, really glad I did some research before using that term. On an unrelated note, I thought "tossing someone's salad" was giving head to a man or woman for YEARS.
Wayland Hubbard
Wayland Hubbard
Karma Probation
Karma Probation

Posts Posts : 24
Karma Karma : -11
Cash Cash : 8204

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Ried Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:28 am

Wayland Hubbard wrote:When I moved away from my liberal California hometown I realized there were a lot of slurs I didn't know, having never been exposed to them. I though "porch monkey" was a not-very-strong slur for a hick or redneck, white people spending time on their porches in the day time. I am really, really glad I did some research before using that term. On an unrelated note, I thought "tossing someone's salad" was giving head to a man or woman for YEARS.
... is that not what "tossing salad" means?
Paul Ried
Paul Ried
Citizen
Citizen

Posts Posts : 7
Cash Cash : 2836

Back to top Go down

Post by Oswald Medley Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:29 am

Paul Ried wrote:
Wayland Hubbard wrote:When I moved away from my liberal California hometown I realized there were a lot of slurs I didn't know, having never been exposed to them. I though "porch monkey" was a not-very-strong slur for a hick or redneck, white people spending time on their porches in the day time. I am really, really glad I did some research before using that term. On an unrelated note, I thought "tossing someone's salad" was giving head to a man or woman for YEARS.
... is that not what "tossing salad" means?
It's eating ass. DUMBASS!
Oswald Medley
Oswald Medley
High School Dropout
High School Dropout

Posts Posts : 4
Cash Cash : 2622

https://twenty1.forumotion.com/u17rpgsheet?mode=generate

Back to top Go down

Post by Simuel Oliver Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:34 am

I was heading to work and waiting to cross the street at an intersection. As the cross walk sign went from a red hand indicating “wait” to a white man indicating “walk”, a jogger runs ahead of us and nearly gets hit by a car who tried to turn on red.

After being stunned from seeing this jogger nearly get hit, the driver has the audacity to loudly honk her horn at him when it was clearly her mistake. Fuming from the adrenaline from seeing this guy nearly get killed I yell out at the driver, “HEY, HE WAS WHITE!!” Referring to the white man sign indicating “walk” - Not the white guy who ran across the street.

Immediately after yelling this I realize how this could be totally misconstrued now seeing the woman driving is black and staring at me. Adding to this, I realize I’m walking in the same direction as many of my colleagues to work.

I walk a different direction to work now.
Simuel Oliver
Simuel Oliver
Quentin at Bradford School of Knowledge
Quentin at Bradford School of Knowledge

Posts Posts : 7
Karma Karma : -1
Cash Cash : 2176

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Middleton Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:42 am

I was in downtown LA camping on the sidewalk with friends for the opening of episode 1. Middle of the night i decide to walk to the convenience store, taking me through a pretty sketchy area. Waited a long time at the cross walk and a homeless looking black man walks up to me and says "whatchu waitin for, no traffic now". Without thinking i replied "i walk when the white man tells me to". He replied "you and me both brother".
Brian Middleton
Brian Middleton
Citizen
Citizen

Posts Posts : 3
Karma Karma : 1
Cash Cash : 21268

https://twenty1.forumotion.com/u139rpgsheet?mode=generate

Back to top Go down

Post by Clay Pender Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:47 am

My dad asked a black, female employee at Wal-Mart for some help with picking a good watermelon. "You look like you would probably know what's the best watermelon!". His intentions were to be "I've seen you in produce many times. You seem to be the person to ask advice on choosing what is best to buy". He didn't realize his mistake until he was watching tv hours later and refused to go back for 2 months.
Clay Pender
Clay Pender
Simon Academy of the Arts

Posts Posts : 2
Cash Cash : 510

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicholas Jacobs Jr. Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:00 am

10th Grade AP world history! We were writing some sort of essay on world war 2 and I was pressed for time so instead of Japanese I abbreviated as Japs, not realizing that was highly inappropriate for that essay. I figured British people are brits so japs must also be okay. Teacher let everyone know first thing next class
Nicholas Jacobs Jr.
Nicholas Jacobs Jr.
Lealand University
Lealand University

Posts Posts : 8
Karma Karma : 5
Cash Cash : 2192
Joined Joined : 2011

https://twenty1.forumotion.com/u128rpgsheet?mode=generate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse Taylor Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:12 am

I have a weirdly similar story to this. I was at a buddies house. We were watching a rugby game. We'd ordered some pizza, and were relaxing. The doorbell rang, and the guy's house we were at's girlfriend answered the door. She then shouted, "Which one of you guys order Chinese food?" It was our buddy Paul, he's a little Korean guy, was late getting off work, and brought his own beer in one of those "Thank you" smiley face bags. She almost cried, and so did he from laughing so hard.
Jesse Taylor
Jesse Taylor

Posts Posts : 5
Karma Karma : 35
Cash Cash : 2615
Joined Joined : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down